Sunday, April 13, 2014

#11 Revised Summary/Plan/Update

As I have generated my survey questions, I am beginning to send it out to those within the 14-22 and 40-60 age group. So far, as only a few people have responded, I have been seeing what I have expected. My questions start out straight forward from asking what age range the reader is to what certain beliefs they hold in specific topics. Through these questions I can gather background information and see if it correlates to their beliefs. In my survey I am asking what political belief a person holds while also making them check off their age range; so through that I can already apply it to my hypothesis. I am seeing how some younger responders do not fully know about some debate topics such as ObamaCare, so it is interesting to see what political belief they click. They might click republican because they have heard their parents talk negatively about how they are going to have to start paying extra money for healthcare now. What I also have to be careful of during this research period is to not just label people as a republican or democrat. Many people seem to fall between the political parties, such as believing in a democratic based policy while still being a republican. I have to take this concept into consideration and understand that it is not just a black and white concept. Overall, being in the middle of my research, the results that I am receiving are parallel with my stated hypothesis that I have indicated in my previous post. I am excited to see if future responses shift the path!

No comments:

Post a Comment